10 April 2011

SERENITY

serenity |səˈrenitē|
noun ( pl. -ties)
the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled : an oasis of serenity amidst the bustling city.


Serenity. I experienced a moment of serenity at least once, as far as I'm aware of. I still remember that particular moment, where I didn't say anything or even think of anything. I was quiet (if you know me well, you'd know that I'm not in that kinda situation that much :p)--not awkward quiet, comfortable quiet--and that was the first time I felt... I don't know, secure? After all these thoughts and concerns that I'm having lately. 

It was not silent or quiet at all. It was pretty crowded, actually. But it was inside my head that is so calm. You know, it's funny when sometimes you feel lonely when you're actually in a crowded room but you feel like there are so many things going on in your head when you're actually alone.

Oh how I love that moment. You know when you had a sore leg after running a couple of miles then you come home, and suddenly your mom offers you a very good massage? Yes. It feels that way. But as you know that your mom is gonna stop doing it and it was gonna be over, you feel a slight of disappointment and maybe that thought of "bummer!".

Wait, no. It was more than that. You can see your mom every day so whenever you got a sore leg you can just ask, but the moment that I experienced last time can't be found that easily. It was so precious, because it was as if my thoughts and worries were vanished and when that moment was over, they just came back. Really, how I wish could experience something like that again. 
  
 




"Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm."

0 komentar:

Post a Comment